Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Reflective Lawyering Blog: Quality of Life for Lawyers

When I started this blog, one of the first people I spoke to about blogging was attorney Arnie Herz. I asked him questions about his experience with blogging, and I used the information for an article I wrote for the New York Law Journal. Arnie maintains legal sanity - not just in his practice of law, but that's the name of his blog. In the whirlwind of trying to figure out all of the technical aspects of blogging, I did not take the time to visit his site and really spend time with the content. I now have taken the time to do so, and I highly recommend you doing the same. Arnie advocates reflective lawyering, studies the effects of stress on lawyers and teaches skills to help lawyers in all walks of life deal with the slings and arrows of practice. The blog is quite scholarly, usually pointing the reader to late-breaking works of scholarship or practice developments in the field.

If you're feeling burnt out and don't have time to make it to your local Zen dojo, stop by Legal Sanity for a cool, refreshing drink of water.

PS. I tried to get a partial screenshot of the Legal Sanity blog to intro this story. Using the Microsoft Paint program, I removed the bottom part of the screen. As inserted in Blogger, the result is pretty awkward, leaving blank space as you can see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home