Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Invasion of the Killer Blogs : CSUSA & NYCLA

It's 6:10 p.m. and I'm sitting in the library of the New York County Lawyers' Association. Kaiser Wahab and I are prepping a presentation and hands-on workshop on creating blogs for attorneys.

I attended a Copyright Society Luncheon today at the Princeton Club on blogging that was moderated by Prof. William Patry of The Patry Copyright Blog and featuring Marty Schwimmer of The Trademark Blog, along with Tom Kirby and Jeff Neuberger. I was fortunate enough to talk to Prof. Patry for a bit, along with the other speakers.

Blogging seems to be exploding. Tom Kirby's presentation made blogging out to be the unregulated political loophole that should make it a deciding factor in upcoming elections. He opined that corporations will finally have a voice in elections, a statement that I found troubling, since I think corporations have too many voices in our elections.

Looking forward to May 23 - The Copyright Office is coming to Fordham Law School, and June 11-13 - the Copyright Society's annual meeting at The Sagamore on Lake George.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home